The normal lead times for an Engineering field appointment is 1-2 weeks out. After the field appointment, the normal lead times for construction is 4-6 weeks. This time table depends on work load, weather, and the scope of the project.
- Cotton Electric Cooperative does provide a contribution to construction for conventionally built homes, metal homes, and pre- fabricated homes if certain conditions are met.
- Cotton Electric Cooperative does provide a contribution to construction on mobile homes if the home is on location, and other conditions are met.
- Cotton Electric Cooperative does not provide a contribution to construction for tiny homes, recreational vehicles, storage buildings, campers or other non- permanent dwellings or loads (water wells, barns, outbuildings, etc.).
- Cotton Electric Cooperative does require a fused and grounded disconnect on all new loads or existing loads with new work being conducted. In some cases, the Cotton Electric Cooperative provided meter loop or meter pedestal may serve as the disconnect.
- Cotton Electric Cooperative will provide the meter base for all installations. Member owned meter bases are not permitted without prior Cotton Electric Cooperative approval.
- Cotton Electric Cooperative will not permit a meter base to be mounted on a dwelling or structure other than Cotton Electric Cooperative facilities without prior approval.
- Cotton Electric Cooperative will not connect a load that has NESC or NEC violations, or is deemed to be a hazard.