At Cotton Electric Cooperative, we are dedicated to providing member satisfaction around the clock.
When an outage occurs, the entire Cotton Electric team reacts swiftly and works around the clock until all power has been restored to the affected areas. We prioritize those members who are dependent upon electricity for their life support devices. During each outage, our work doesn’t end until power has been restored to all CEC members.
In our Media Guide, we provide information about the programs and procedures adhered to by Cotton Electric personnel during an outage. We have included information concerning but not limited to the following topics:
• Cotton Electric’s contact personnel;
• How CEC responds to power outages, ice storms and other inevitable power interruptions, and how lost power is restored;
• The many causes of power outages;
• Frequently asked questions;
• How incoming phone calls are received and processed, and why members and the general public may receive a busy signal when calling the co-op;
• How CEC deals with accounts who have life-threatening conditions and rely on uninterrupted electric service;
• Cotton Electric’s responsibility to its members.
We hope you’ll find this information helpful. We thank you for your interest and we invite you to contact us if we can be of help to you in any way.